www.kiva.org - help me change the world one life at a time

Friday, January 8, 2010

On the Needles


So, my sewing machine is sitting idle, collecting dust and feeling quite forlorn, I'm sure. I can't always choose what is going to inspire me or motivate me. Today, it is a ball of aquamarine (varigated greens, blues and white)sock yarn that is the object of my affection. I already have 3 socks in various stages of completion (one of which I started nearly 2 years ago)...so I didn't need another lonely sock. My mind wandered to what else a ball of sock yarn might be good for, and a quick search on the internet revealed a whole new world to me! So, I find a pattern that has my favorite words "free" and "knits up quickly." Bingo! So here I am knitting up a cardigan for my daughter's AG doll. Yes, I am wasting perfectly good yarn on an inanimate object, but hey, it could be worse, I saw a pattern for an apple cozy, no really, a cozy for an uneaten apple. My brain told me I could whip up this adorable cardigan in half an afternoon. Too bad I forgot I was using sock yarn (fingering weight) and size 2 needles...3 days later my mind is wandering to a really awesome scarf I want to try (knit in bulky yarn, yay!). Not sure how much longer I can hold out before this too gets relegated to the abandoned projects pile and is replaced with something new that catches my fancy. We'll have to wait and see. Here is a pic I took on the 6th (it's now about halfway finished and has 1 arm). Ah, the life of an ADD knitter...:o) Here's the ravelry link if you are interested in seeing what it should look like when finished.

1 comment:

  1. Where did my link go? Here it is. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/very-easy-cardigan-for-american-girl-or-18-doll

    ReplyDelete